Nalco Champion, an Ecolab company, is a leading global provider of water management solutions and process applications that combine operational
efficiencies with environmental benefits to solve complex customer challenges. A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Ecolab’s 47,000 employees work to ensure clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments in more than 170 countries around the world.
Ecolab and Nalco are committed to ensuring the safety and health of their employees and communities. Safety and sustainability are core to the company’s purpose of making the world cleaner, safer and healthier.
The 270 employees at Nalco’s Garyville facility work to produce industrial water treatment products for use in boilers and cooling towers, wastewater treatment products and process chemistries for use in the papermaking, mining, petroleum, steel, power generation and food and beverage industries.
Manufactured pounds of finished products at Nalco’s Garyville facility decreased slightly in 2018 when compared to 2017 production. The facility manufactured 432,792,000 pounds of finished product in 2018 and 434,265,000 pounds of product in 2017.
Total emissions at the Garyville facility increased in 2018. Total emissions were 150,337 pounds compared to 125,017 pounds in 2017. Air emissions decreased slightly in 2018, totaling 1,682 pounds compared to 1,726 pounds in 2017. Water releases decreased in 2018 at 4,069 pounds compared to 4,963 pounds in 2017. Off-site transfers in 2018 amounted to 144,587 pounds, an increase from 2017 off-site transfers of 118,325.
Nalco works to enhance quality of life in its communities and supports organizations and programs that strengthen and enrich the Garyville area, including:
• Founding member of the Garyville/Mt. Airy Community Advisory Panel
• St. John Parish United Way Board Member – employees annually support United Way
• Adopt-a-School partner with Garyville/Mt. Airy Magnet School and St. John Child Development Center
• Grants totaling $34,000 were awarded to tri-parish area schools through the Ecolab Foundation Visions for Learning Program
• Grants totaling $22,000 were awarded to local area non-profit organizations through the Ecolab Foundation Regional NPO Grants Process
• Supporter of the St. James Parish 4-H, Garyville Volunteer Fire Department and other community groups
• River Region Chamber of Commerce Member
• St. John Parish Business Association Member
• St. John Local Emergency Planning Committee Member
In 2018, Nalco’s Garyville facility contributed $1.5 million to St. John the Baptist Parish tax base, approximately $23.6 million in payroll and the value of facility purchases totaled $145 million.
For more company news and information, visit www.nalco.ecolab.com or www.ecolab.com