Nalco Champion, an Ecolab company, is a leading global provider of water management solutions and process applications that combine operational efficiencies with environmental benefits to solve complex customer challenges. A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Ecolab’s 47,000 employees work to ensure clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments in more than 170 countries around the world.
Ecolab and Nalco are committed to ensuring the safety and health of their employees and communities. Safety and sustainability are core to the company’s purpose of making the world cleaner, safer and healthier.
The 220 employees at Nalco’s Garyville facility work to produce industrial water treatment products for use in boilers and cooling towers, wastewater treatment products and process chemistries for use in the papermaking, mining, petroleum, steel, power generation and food and beverage industries.
The Nalco Garyville team is proud of its safety record and has logged more than seven and half million safe work hours since the site’s last lost time injury, which occurred in 2002.
Manufactured pounds of finished products at Nalco’s Garyville facility decreased 18% in 2016 when compared to 2015 production. The facility manufactured 372,870,000 pounds of finished product in 2016 and 453,378,200 pounds of product in 2015.
Total emissions at the Garyville facility increased slightly in 2016. Total emissions were 138,734 pounds compared to 137,981 pounds in 2015. Air emissions decreased in 2016, totaling 1,726 pounds compared to 2,146 pounds in 2015. Water releases increased in 2016 at 3,473 pounds compared to 3,087 pounds in 2015. Off-site transfers in 2016 amounted to 133,535 pounds, a slight increase from 2015 off-site transfers of 132,749.
Nalco works to enhance quality of life in its communities and supports organizations and programs that strengthen and enrich the Garyville area, including:
• Founding member of the Garyville/Mt. Airy Community Advisory Panel
• St. John Parish United Way Board Member – employees annually support United Way
• Adopt-a-School partner with Garyville/Mt. Airy Magnet School and St. John Child Development Center
• Grants totaling $34,000 were awarded to tri-parish area schools through the Ecolab Foundation Visions for Learning Program
• Grants totaling $22,000 were awarded to local area non-profit organizations through the Ecolab Foundation Regional NPO Grants Process
• Supporter of the St. James Parish 4-H, Garyville Volunteer Fire Department and other community groups
• River Parish Chamber of Commerce Member
• St. John Parish Business Association Member
• St. John Local Emergency Planning Committee Member
In 2016, Nalco’s Garyville facility contributed $1.4 million to St. John the Baptist Parish tax base, approximately $22.2 million in payroll and the value of facility purchases totaled $154 million.
For more company news and information, visit www.nalco.ecolab. com or www.ecolab.com