NALCO CHAMPION - AN ECOLAB COMPANY, is a leading global provider of water management solutions and process applications that combine operational efficiencies with environmental benefits to solve complex customer challenges. A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Ecolab’s 47,000 employees work to ensure clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments in more than 170 countries around the world.
Ecolab and Nalco are committed to ensuring the safety and health of their employees and communities. Safety and sustainability are core to the company’s purpose of making the world cleaner, safer and healthier.
The 270 employees at Nalco’s Garyville facility work to produce industrial water treatment products for use in boilers and cooling towers, wastewater treatment products and process chemistries for use in the papermaking, mining, petroleum, steel, power generation and food and beverage industries.
The Nalco Garyville team is proud of its safety record and has logged more than eight million safe work hours in 2017 since the site’s last lost time injury, which occurred in 2002.
Manufactured pounds of finished products at Nalco’s Garyville facility increased 16% in 2017 when compared to 2016 production. The facility manufactured 434,265,000 pounds of finished product in 2017 and 372,870,000 pounds of product in 2016.
Total emissions at the Garyville facility decreased in 2017. Total emissions were 125,017 pounds compared to 138,734 pounds in 2016. Air emissions increased slightly in 2017, totaling 1,729 pounds compared to 1,726 pounds in 2016. Water releases increased in 2017 at 4,963 pounds compared to 3,473 pounds in 2016. Offsite transfers in 2017 amounted to 118,361 pounds, a decrease from 2016 off-site transfers of 133,535.
Nalco works to enhance quality of life in its communities and supports organizations and programs that strengthen and enrich the Garyville area, including:
- Founding member of the Garyville/Mt. Airy Community Advisory Panel
- St. John Parish United Way Board Member – employees annually support United Way
- Adopt-a-School partner with Garyville/Mt. Airy Magnet School and St. John Child Development Center
- Grants totaling $34,000 were awarded to tri-parish area schools through the Ecolab Foundation Visions for Learning Program
- Grants totaling $22,000 were awarded to local area non-profit organizations through the Ecolab Foundation Regional NPO Grants Process
- Supporter of the St. James Parish 4-H, Garyville Volunteer Fire Department and other community groups
- River Region Chamber of Commerce Member
- St. John Parish Business Association Member
- St. John Local Emergency Planning Committee Member
In 2017, Nalco’s Garyville facility contributed $1.6 million to St. John the Baptist Parish tax base, approximately $21.0 million in payroll and the value of facility purchases totaled $138.6 million.
For more company news and information,
visit www.nalco.ecolab.com or www.ecolab.com