NALCO CHAMPION, an Ecolab company, is a leading global provider of water management solutions and process applications that combine operational
efficiencies with environmental benefits to solve complex customer challenges. A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab is
the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Ecolab’s 47,000 employees work to nsure clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments in more than 170 countries around the world.
Ecolab and Nalco are committed to ensuring the safety and health of their employees and communities. Safety and sustainability are core to the company’s purpose of making the world cleaner, safer and healthier. The 220 employees at Nalco’s Garyville facility work to produce industrial water
treatment products for use in boilers and cooling towers, wastewater treatment products and process chemistries for use in the papermaking, mining, petroleum, steel, power generation and food and beverage industries.
The Nalco Garyville team is proud of its safety record and has logged more than seven million safe work hours since the site’s last lost time injury, which occurred in 2002.
Manufactured pounds of finished products at Nalco’s Garyville facility decreased 11% in 2015 when compared to 2014 production. The facility manufactured 453,378,200 pounds of finished product in 2015 and 507,689,600 pounds of product in 2014.
Total emissions at the Garyville facility decreased in 2015. Total emissions were 137,981 pounds compared to 186,851 pounds in 2014. Air emissions decreased in 2015, totaling 2,146 pounds compared to 2,580 pounds in 2014. Water releases decreased in 2015 at 3,087 pounds compared to 39,849 pounds in 2014. Offsite transfers in 2015 amounted to 132,749 pounds, a decrease from 2014 off-site transfers of 144,422. Notably, 85% of all off-site transfers were recycled, reducing the actual off-site release to 25,622 pounds.
Nalco works to enhance quality of life in its communities and supports organizations and programs that strengthen and enrich the Garyville area, including:
• Founding member of the Garyville/Mt. Airy Community Advisory Panel
• St. John Parish United Way Board Member – employees annually support United Way
• Adopt-a-School partner with Garyville/Mt. Airy Magnet School, St. John Child Development Center and Our Lady of Grace School
• Grants totaling $34,000 were awarded to tri-parish area schools through the Ecolab Foundation Visions for Learning Program
• Grants totaling $22,000 were awarded to local area non-profit organizations through the Ecolab Foundation Regional NPO Grants Process
• Supporter of the St. James Parish 4-H, Garyville Volunteer Fire Department and other community groups
• River Parish Chamber of Commerce Member
• St. John Parish Business Association Member
• St. John Local Emergency Planning Committee Member
In 2015, Nalco’s Garyville facility contributed $1.4 million to St. John the Baptist Parish tax base, approximately $22.2 million in payroll and the value of
facility purchases totaled $154 million.
For more company news and information, visit www.nalco.ecolab.com or www.ecolab.com